So, let me guess.
You want to launch your business.
You want to have freedom and more money to be able to build what you want and live the lifestyle you want.
You saw that launching it online is easier. Everything you do is online. You could do it from your home and interact with the globe.
But you don’t want it to be a business built to fail. You want it to be a lucrative business.
Of all the online blogs and businesses out there, 99% fail to launch a lucrative business and only 1% succeed. What causes 99% of those businesses to fail? What makes the 1% succeed? This is what we’re going to cover in this post.
Here are the topics we’ll cover:
- The best way to make money online and have a lucrative business
- What type of blogging should you follow?
- The steps that will guarantee your failure
- The reason why you won’t succeed
- And a lot more.
This is the very first post on this blog and you need to check it out, even if you have a successful blog running.
The Best Way to Make Money and Have a Lucrative Business
There are lots of ways you can make money online.
The best way to make money is to sell something online. Sell anything. You can sell products, consulting or even do some freelancing and sell your work to your clients.
It doesn’t need to be yours. You can also sell other people’s stuff and get commissions. However, the first choice is better; if it’s yours, you’ll get 100% of the commissions.
But why should you blog?
Blogs fuel your business and keep them running, but with a faster rate. Tweet this.
Here are some stats that prove what I say:
- 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs. BlogHer
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth, compared to small businesses that do not blog. ThinkCreative
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. BlogHer
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing. Content Plus
- 59% of SEO professionals rate blogging as one of their top inbound marketing activities, and have subsequently created a blog or increased their blogging efforts. Moz
- 81% of companies consider their blogs “useful,” “important,” or “critical.” Hubspot
- On average, companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages. HubSpot
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links. Hubspot
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads than those who do not. InsideView
There are many other stats, but I think those are enough for you to believe in the power of blogging.
But Not Every Created Blog Succeeds
Technorati did some research in 2006, and the results were mind-blowing.
“About 175,000 new weblogs are created each day,” says Technorati. “There are more than two blogs created each second of each day and about 1.6 million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second.”
Now the bad news: for 99% of these blogs, no one ever knows about them…except for maybe their moms.
I was stunned. This was way back in 2006! Think about it now.
Nowadays, more blogs than ever are created, and more blogs are buried without anyone ever hearing about them.
Which brings us to our next point…
The Steps That Will Guarantee Your Failure
Are you ready to discover the steps you should follow to make your business fail?
Well, here they are:
- Get a domain and a webhost.
- Install WP and get a great theme.
- Start writing posts and trying to get traffic.
- Sell products.
But what’s wrong here?!
Most gurus recommend that you follow the above steps. But they’re wrong.
The Reason Why You Won’t Succeed…
… is that you skipped the most important step: setting up the right foundation.
Imagine that you construct a building without setting up the right foundation. You could get the building done, but what about after that?
The building is going to collapse, sooner rather than later.
So, you need to set up a foundation so that the building won’t collapse.
The same thing applies to blogging: you need to build a foundation.
Not just any foundation — you need a rock-solid, anti-earthquake foundation.
Blogging isn’t about tactics. It’s about strategical planning from Day One. Tweet This.
There is no problem with making a plan going forward and revising it later. It’s definitely better than moving without knowing where you want to go.
But What Makes a Rock-Solid Foundation?
Now you know that you need rock-solid foundations. But what are these in the blogging world?
There are a lot of steps involved to build a rock-solid foundation. Actually, I can’t cover all of them in one post.
But here are some of the first few steps to build a rock-solid foundation:
Know your ideal customer
Until you know, specifically and precisely, who your perfect customer is, you will never be able to communicate your marketing message in a powerful and compelling way. ~ Sonia Simone
Differentiate yourself from your competitors
It’s likely that many of your prospective customers have difficulty deciding which option in your industry is the one that deserves their time, money and trust.
This selection can be a daunting process for customers that don’t have the experience to know what separates one competitor from another.
That’s why it is your job to assist them by making your unique selling proposition obvious, different and memorable enough that they can see exactly what your business has to offer that the other guys do not. ~ Gregory Ciotti, HelpScout
And Derek sums it all up in this sentence:
You don’t need unique ingredients. You need a unique recipe. ~ Derek Halpern, founder of SocialTriggers
Build a brand for your blog that communicates with your ideal customer
When your brand is big, here’s what happens:
- Your prospects know what you offer, understand its value, and buy your products and services with confidence.
- You are recognized by your peers, and offered opportunities for joint venture projects that may not be available to less recognizable brands.
- You find it easy to sell new products or services because your customer base trusts and likes your business — they’ve come to expect the best from your company.
- Your business grows, because you consistently bring in new prospects, convert them to customers, and keep them happy over time.
~ Pamela Wilson, founder of Big Brand System
And many more…
These are just the first steps. There are more, but we will go over them in the next few posts.
But That’s Not All You Need to Know
You now know what to do and why you should do it, but you don’t know how to do it right to get the most out of your blogging.
A lot of posts are created here and there. However, most of them either have the same info, or they just create that content to attract customers to their products. Those posts don’t benefit you, or they share complicated stuff when it could be much simpler.
I believe that blogging is simple. But a lot of people don’t like it when it’s simple. They would rather go for complicated stuff — which is the major reason why they fail. Don’t do that.
The truth is, blogging can change your life and business…
It just requires doing the right stuff, and doing it consistently. You’ll need to work hard, but in the right direction.
To Start Blogging Will Show You:
- A systematic, simple way to understand and implement effective blogging.
- How to blog as a PRO from Day 1. Learn to think and act like an expert blogger, without the hassle of trial and error.
- A clear tutorial approach to creating a blog that will land you more coaching and freelance clients, and get people to buy your product.
So, don’t miss the opportunity and be part of the Blogging Leaders tribe. You’ll then be able to learn more about how to build a blog that builds business in a simple way.
Get on the email list today to get “The Blogger’s Handbook for Writing Viral Posts That Get Shared, Tweeted, and Talked About (3 Real Life Case Studies Included).”
You can get this special report
worth $67 free!
Just enter your name and email and then click on the “Sign Me Up” button to grab our special report.
Wait For Our Next Posts — Here’s What Will Be Included:
In the next few posts, we’ll dive deep into the parts of your strategy, the things should you care about and how to do them right.
Not only that — the next post will be a round-up that features some experts who’ll share what they think is essential for building a solid foundation. You’ll get advice from awesome experts like Jon Morrow, Chris Garrett, Danny Iny, and many others who’ve done it and know their stuff.
I’m sure you’re going to love the answers. I was actually blown away with the answers myself. I’m sure the same will happen to you, so make sure to subscribe to know when they arrive.
There’s just one last point that I want to cover today…
I Need Your Help
I’ve just launched this blog today. I need your help.
This blog isn’t about me. It’s about your struggles and how to overcome them.
It’s about you asking me any questions. I’ll do my best to get them answered.
It’s about helping you build a blog with a rock-solid foundation.
It’s about helping you break through your difficulties.
It’s about helping you accelerate your growth.
Did you notice? It’s not about me. It’s all about you.
That’s why I need your help.
Here is exactly what I want you to do:
- Subscribe to this blog using the form below, so that we can stay in touch and I can help you more.
- Share this post using the buttons on the bottom. It’s your blog. I count every share, so the more shares we can get, the bigger the difference we can make.
- Leave a comment telling me what you want me to help you with. I’ll read every single one.
Leave your comments to tell me more about what you want me to write about. It’s your blog.
PUT SIMPLY: I want to turn your life upside down.
So, drop me a comment. Tell me what you struggle with, where you’re from, and how I can help you. From this point forward, I want us all to be friends here.